Thursday, August 16, 2012

Hello again

Wow. So I haven't updated in this blog in 5 months. How time flies! 

Mom and I drove Justin down to Lynchburg on Tuesday afternoon to take him to school. It was very surreal driving on to campus and thinking that this time six years ago, it was me. But now it's little Brother's turn! We met one of his roommates, Ben, who seems like a real nice kid. He's an MK from Thailand- so Justin should have almost nothing in common with him. His other roommate is from North Carolina. His one RA seem pretty strict. As we were unpacking his things, the first thing we wanted to do was to de-bunk the bunk beds. Christy, one of my best friends from college, was there with us and we bunked and de-bunked beds by ourselves more times than we can count. But Ginger (that's what I've affectionately named his strict RA) said 
        
           "I'm sorry, campus policy is that you have to put in a work order. So they can come debunk them for you in a few days."

SAY WHAT?

So we let it be, and Justin is on the top bunk, because MK was there first and called dibs, which is totally the right thing to do if you're the first one there. 

In other news, I am addicted to Sweet Frog. 















If you've never been to this delicious heaven of frozen yogurt, you are seriously missing out. 

I leave for Texas vacation on Monday to spend a week with my grandparents. I am so excited to lounge around and read. I'm far behind on book three of the Song of Ice and Fire series. And if you don't know what that is, it's a book series that George R.R. Martin wrote. There's a t.v. show on HBO called Game of Thrones that is based off the series. It's also pretty great. 

I'll try to be better about updating. I'm even making a new recipe later today- maybe I'll post about how that goes. 
-KT

No comments:

Post a Comment